This is an always-evolving list! For updated information or to get in touch with a group leader, please contact Larry Short. For more details on specific groups, click the links provided or contact the leaders.
Most groups began (or re-launched after a summer break) in October. Contact group leaders for more information, or to get placed on a waiting list in case the group is already at capacity:
- Ben & Rochele Griffin are starting a new Monday evening (7 p.m.) group focusing on doing Bible study together and with kids. They say the group is “informal but intentional, with a focus on getting together as the Body of Christ and reading His Word together.” All are welcomed.
- Phil & Joan Pavey co-lead with Kendrick & Janna Gilli, meeting on most Friday evenings from 7-9 p.m. The group is for married couples of all ages, as well as single adults. Childcare space is limited. This Fall they are discussing a book study: Relationships: A Mess Worth Making, by Tripp/Lane. The focus is relationship building with God and others. The group is currently at capacity but has a waiting list. New members will be considered in early 2018.
- Martin & Kim Schlomer lead an intergenerational group that meets every other Monday evening at 7 p.m. They are currently reading and reflecting together on the book of James, but will be transitioning shortly to another focus. They have just a few openings, so don’t delay!
- Brian & Tomina Sharpe lead an intergenerational group, with the assistance of Taylor & Bethany Gapsch, that meets the second through fourth Tuesday evening of each month. They are starting a new book (Surprise the World) this month. The group is near capacity but right now has space for one more couple!
- Larry & Darlene Short lead Elim’s young-adults group (both married and single), known as Pulse, co-led by Jason & Hannah Comerford. They currently meet Sunday mornings at 8:30 in the rear conference room at Starbucks on Meridian (north of 128th) for Bible study (currently in Proverbs) and also to review current Christian articles or read classic Christian books together. The meeting ends in time to make it to worship service. The group has separate fellowship events some Friday and Sunday evenings. New members are welcome! Childcare not provided.
- Brian & Cindy Waple team with Isaac & Rebekah McKenzie to lead an intergenerational marriage group for adults (who have been married between 1 and 39 years), ranging in age from 20s to 60s. It meets most Tuesday evenings. Their current focus is the topic of marriage and they are studying the book Sacred Marriage by Gary Thomas. This group is currently at capacity, but let them know if you are interested in being placed on a waiting list.
- Surprise the World by Michael Frost. Tuesdays at 7 p.m. at Kim Schlomer’s. Meets every other week beginning January 2nd. Cost of the book is $8. No child care.
- Armor of God by Priscilla Shirer. Thursdays 9:30-11:30 a.m. at Elim. Meets every other week beginning January 11th. Cost of book is $20. Let us know if you need childcare.
- Self to Lose – Self to Find by Marilyn Vancil. Thursdays 6:45-9:00 p.m. at Cindy Waple’s. Meets every other week beginning January 11. Cost is $20. No childcare and limited space available. Examines Jesus’ invitation to lose yourself in order to find yourself. Using Scripture, a personality typology, creativity, and spiritual practices, we will grow in our understanding of who we are as God’s Beloved, created in His image. Contact Cindy for more information.
Each of these groups is currently accepting new members, so contact Kim Schlomer if you are interested in learning more. Women’s groups are led by Jo Cherland, Candy Shattuck, Ann Grace, and Jane Quine. Also, don’t forget to check out Elim’s two Wednesday groups for moms with young children, called MOPS and MOMSNEXT.
- Tom Chase leads a Bible study meeting every other Saturday morning. They transitioned to a new study on September 23.
- Ross Fitzpatrick leads another Saturday morning men’s Bible study, starting at 7 a.m. at his home.
- Jeff Foerster leads a men’s small group that meets each Saturday morning.
- For something a little different, Taylor Gapsch leads a men’s Bible study group on Thursday evenings. This group is nearing capacity.
Please contact the leader or Brian Sharpe if you are interested in learning more about these groups for men.