By Jim DeAngelo
My prayer for Elim and all Christians is that we experience the freedom that comes from our Lord, Jesus Christ. I was able to share this Sunday just a few examples of how the spiritual laws of judgments, reaping and sowing, honoring parents, unforgiveness, and oaths and vows have impacted my life and the individuals I have had the privilege to share these truths with.
I found I was blind to many of the strongholds in my own life. I thank God that my wife, family, and others who are close to me recognized my difficulties and were brave enough to share them. I’m grateful that I prayed about them and was able to gain freedom through Christ. As a reminder, we must:
- Recognize we have sinned against God’s laws,
- Confess our failings,
- Repent and turn from the sin that has enslaved us,
- Forgive the person(s) we judged,
- Accept God’s forgiveness,
- Ask the Lord to fill our hearts where we have been controlling,
- Ask the Lord to bless the other person(s), and
- Where possible, work to bring restoration with the other individual.
I would encourage you to ask those close to you to give you courageous feedback and to prayerfully consider if and where you need freedom through Christ.